Home / Team
IT Recycling and Data Destruction Experts • 100% Recycling with no Landfill • WEEE Certified
Your legal and moral requirements concerning data.
• Under the 1998 data protection act, as a data holder it is a legal requirement to ensure all appropriate measures are taken to prevent unauthorised access, accidental loss or alteration of data and or the destruction of personal data. Failure to adhere to the 1998 act can result in prosecution with very high fines levied at company owners.
• As a business owner or data custodian, you have a moral obligation to those people whose data you stored. Whether you are storing address details, financial data, medical data or any other form of confidential information, if you take a risk that this data could fall into the wrong hands, you aren't only risking the personal/financial safety 'of these people but the reputation of your company or organisation. In the last few years, we have seen a huge increase in data theft and firms responsible are finding themselves involved in expensive law suits from those people affected by data loss.
How can we help ?
Our data destruction techniques are second to none and we will take legal responsibility for the full and permanent destruction of your data, whether the information is stored on Hard Disk Drives, Optical Media (such as DVD/CD media) or Tape Media.
• Your data media is collected by our trained, insured staff and taken in a secure vehicle to our 24/7 monitored warehousing
• Hard disk drives are subjected to a three stage wiping process, ensuring that the data is deleted beyond recovery
• The final stage involves the physical shredding of the media. Hard disk, tape and optical media are shredded to tiny 2mm particles
• Finally you receive a data destruction certificate showing serial numbers if applicable plus type & volume of media
For large corporations and government institutions, we also offer an additional service where the data is first wiped to NSA security standards involving high, multiple pass security software. Please contact us to discuss this service further.
REQUEST A QUOTE
This website is copyright of Bioteknik Limited, a company registered in England no.4796937 Copyright 2015